Thursday, October 04, 2007

Maintenance wizard

Yesterday I noticed an announcement on Metalink of the 'Maintenance wizard' for the EBS R12 upgrade.
I had no idea what the Maintenance wizard looked like, or what it was supposed to do.
So, I decided to install the latest full version (2.05) of this wizard.

The wizard can be installed by downloading patch 6398371 from Metalink.
According to note 329476.1, this version only runs with a 10g database and a 10g iAS...
Here is what I did..

1. Install 10.2.0 database software
2. Install 10.1.3 iAS (choose 'Web Server and Process Management' option..)
3. create 10g database using dbca
4. create new tablespace NEWEOF
5. define new $EOF_HOME as $ORACLE_HOME/eof
6. unzip the patch in the $EOF_HOME and run the setup.sh from the config directory

So what does the wizard really do ??

According to the user's guide at least the following :


Maintenance Wizard:
• Presents a consolidated, personalized set of instructions in a step-by-step format
• Enables validation of important activities to prevent downstream issues
• Maintains log and status information for all tasks
• Enables Project Administrators to assign different groups of upgrade tasks to different users
• Downloads, merges, and installs many required patches automatically
• Provides access for Web-based operating system (OS) commands to check the upgrade processes, logs, and OS status during patch upgrades.
• Provides project management utilities to record the time taken for each task and its completion status
• Enables maintenance of multiple customer systems


I checked the wizard out, and post my experience with it very soon..










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm trying to run this utility myself but haveing trouble finding the right download loaction for iAS 10.1.3.

I'm running Solaris on a SPARC set up - I've tried the SOA install but it's not quite right.

Any pointer?

Thanks

Bas Klaassen said...

Did you check oracle OTN site ?