Sunday, August 23, 2009

R12 upgrade

I Finally upgraded my 11.5.10.2 environment to R12.
I followed the steps mentioned in the different upgrade guides. What do I have runing right now ?

- Oracle eBS 12.0.6
- Oracle database 10.2.0.4
- Oracle tech stack (old ora directory) 10.1.2.3.0
- Oracle tech stack (old iAS directory) 10.1.3.4.0

So, having no problems during the upgrade proces, I finished starting al services. When trying to login my new upgraded eBS I recieved an error saying the /OA_HTML/AppsLogin.sjp could not be found on this server...

At first I thought some config must be missing, but before looking at those conifg files I first checked if the file AppsLogin.jsp was in the $OA_HTML directory. I was suprised to see the jsp was not in the $OA_HTML ??? Were is the jsp ? And why is it not in this directory ?
I used the same stage area before to perform an fresh install of R12, and the AppsLogin.jsp was always in the right place !

So, this is the stage I am in at this moment. Upgrade finished with no errors od problems o nthe way. But my AppsLogin.jsp is missing !

To be continued...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Oracle Doc or metalink Note you following for apps upgrade ?

Jose Antonio Ruiz said...

Hi,

in R12 the jsp nust be compiled running the ojspCompile.pl program.

$cd $FND_TOP/patch/115/bin
$perl ojspCompile.pl --compile --flush
-Restart the web services.

Have you upgraded a production intance or a Visio one?

Regards,

Bas Klaassen said...

I have upgraded a vision database and already compiled tjhe jsp's..did not work.

I have used the upgrade documents :
- Oracle Applications Upgrade Guide: Release 11i to Release 12.0.4 (E12011-02) from Metalink and all the documents mentioned in this document.

Libby said...

You are talking about a guide with the help of which you have successfully upgraded your environment. I also wanted to upgrade but didn't find any information or blog that shares the up gradation steps. Could you please share that guide or steps on your blog ?
sap pp tables

Libby said...

You are talking about a guide with the help of which you have successfully upgraded your environment. I also wanted to upgrade but didn't find any information or blog that shares the up gradation steps. Could you please share that guide or steps on your blog ?
sap pp tables