Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Last week - RAC week

So, the last week of the bootcamp in Montpellier arrived. Yesterday I spend some time installing Oracle Portal, but from today I am concentrating Oracle RAC 10g. I am planning to install a RAC database using ASM. Because I have little experience with these Oracle products, it seems valueable to me.
At the same time a colleague is working on a DMZ implementation with EBS R12, so I will be looking over his shoulder also.
Last week I also installed Oracle Discoverer and maybe we can also look at the integration of Discoverer with EBS R12. I already performed the steps mentioned in note 373634.1. Since Oracle Discoverer is not part of the EBS R12 rapid install anymore, we are curious how it is working with EBS R12....

2 comments:

Steven said...

Hi, Bas,

Interesting post. Good luck with your RAC experiments.

I'm curious, however, as to what you mean by "Discoverer is not part of EBS R12 anymore."

The Discoverer 10g EUL is still part of Release 12. Discoverer 10g isn't part of the Rapid Install, but like with Release 11i and Discoverer 4i, it's an optional post-installation step to integrate an external Discoverer 10g instance. This is documented in Note 373634.1, Using Discoverer 10.1.2 with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.

I'll have to post a blog article highlighting that in more detail, when I'm back on my feet.

Regards,
Steven Chan, Oracle

Bas Klaassen said...

Hi Steven,

thnx for the comment.